Tel :(860) 486-2127
Located at the University of Connecticut, ranked among the top 25 public universities in the United States, the American English Language Institute (UCAELI) provides students with high quality language instruction to help students achieve personal, academic and professional goals. Our students participate in a rich community of educational, social, and cultural resources as they transition to for-credit academic courses at UConn.
UCAELI classes are student-centered and provide a rigorous, but very comfortable, inspiring, and friendly environment for learning the skills you need for academic success. Activities, such as discussions, video making, and group research projects provide opportunities for interaction and active learning.
· 6 levels of English language instruction
· 22 English language instruction hours per week
· small class sizes (10-15 students)
· Individualized support for applying to academic programs at the University of Connecticut and the Connecticut State University system
· Access to university classes and professors
· Opportunities to become a part of the community with the ability to join more than 600 UConn student clubs and organizations
· Opportunities to take university classes for credit with help from UCAELI English instructors
Classes are offered year round in Fall/Spring 15-week semesters or 4 and 6-week summer sessions. Students enroll in Communication Skills, Reading Discussion, and a writing course in the mornings and have a choice of courses in the afternoons.
Afternoon courses include classes such as Pronunciation, TOEFL Preparation, Service Learning, Exploring Academic Interests, and Business English. Advanced level students may also take a UConn course for credit during the afternoons.